Positive global cues have been driving markets across the world. In the current week, investors’ wealth wealth has risen by Rs 9.5 lakh crore. This includes Rs 3.65 lakh crore that they made on Wednesday.
The 30-share pack Sensex advanced 1,147.76 points or 2.28 per cent to close at 51,444.65. Its broader peer NSE Nifty climbed 326.50 points or 2.19 per cent to 15,245.60.
“Markets across the globe were filled with optimism as the focus shifted from concerns over high valuation to a stronger economic recovery and earnings growth. The Indian market was on a rising streak echoing the global sentiment. The nifty bank which had a rough week so far took a breather and led the rally while consolidation was seen on auto stocks,” said Vinod Nair, Head of Research at Geojit Financial Services.
Market at a glance
- RIL surges 5% after buying the biggest chunk of spectrum on offer
- Auto giant shares witness profit-booking after two-day rally
- Volatility barometer India VIX continues to slide, falls 6% to 22 mark
- Bajaj twins among top two bluechip gainers; private banks surge
- 342 stocks hit 52-week highs: Vedanta, TaMo, Tata Power, NTPC, NMDC and InterGlobe Aviation among top names